The arrangement of flowers at the Welcome Center today is in loving memory of Dr. Jack Hyles, who went Home to be with the Lord on February 6, 2001, and Mrs. Beverly Hyles, whose birthday was February 14. Dr. and Mrs. Hyles were the First Couple of First Baptist Church for 41½ years and led this ministry to do more for God and others.
WMS CIRCLE MEETINGS
Tuesday, February 12:
Ghana Circle – 9:00 a.m.; Hammond Baptist Grade School cafeteria; breakfast provided; nursery provided; contact Molly Audiss at 219.663.0965.
Indo-Philippines Circle – 9:30 a.m.; FBC Building “A”, Fidelis Classroom; potluck brunch; nursery upon request; contact Marilyn Johnson at 219.838.2236.
Southern Mexico Circle – 9:30 a.m.; FBC Building “A” Fellowship Hall; nursery provided; contact Rocio Fernandez at 219.508.2444.
Northern Mexico Circle – 11:30 a.m.; FBC AOB, Room L6; potluck luncheon; nursery upon request; contact Kelly Cervantes at 219.798.5231.
Eastern Europe Circle – 12:30 p.m.; Dyer/Schererville Library; potluck luncheon; nursery at Baptist City; contact Laurie Ossewaarde at 219.689.3185.
Deaf Circle – 5:30 p.m.; FBC Building “A”, Fidelis Classroom; refreshments served; no nursery; text Jane Cooper at 219.798.4152.
Thursday, February 14:
South America Circle – 6:30 p.m.; FBC Building “A” Fellowship Hall; potluck supper; children welcome; contact Luci Sadlowski at 219.743.4360.
TRANSFORMERS KIDS’ CLUB WINTER SESSION
• The Transformers Kids’ Clubs will continue its winter session for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments and will meet during the midweek service.
• All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m., and all children are welcome to participate!
There will be an FBC Deacons’ Meeting this Wednesday, February 13, in the West Overflow Room immediately following the midweek service.
“A” TEEN TOBOGGAN ACTIVITIES
• The first 50 “A” junior high teens and the first 50 “A” high school teens who sign up and pay a $5 deposit will be going to Pokagon State Park to enjoy an exciting toboggan run.
• The junior high activity will be Saturday, February 16, and the high school activity will be Friday, February 15; only the first 50 to sign up will be able to attend.
• The total cost of this activity is $20, plus money for dinner; buses will leave Hammond Baptist at 2:00 p.m. and return at 11:00 p.m.
• Glympse will be made available, if a contact number is put on the sign-up sheet, and teens can sign up in Building P during Sunday school, in the Main Auditorium Building on the second floor after any evening service, or in their respective school office.
CITY BAPTIST HIGH SCHOOL’S SENIOR NIGHT
• The church family is invited to City Baptist High School’s Senior Night this Friday, February 16.
• This event will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will be held in the gym with entrance through Door L.
• Tickets are $5.00 per person and may be purchased at the West Courtesy Counter near Lost & Found tonight and Wednesday night, February 13, after the service.
• All proceeds will go to the senior class to help with the cost of their senior trip.
SUPER SATURDAY SOUL WINNING
• The entire church family is invited to Super Saturday Soul Winning this Saturday, February 16, at 10:00 a.m. in the Jack Hyles Memorial Auditorium. (Please note the change of location.)
• Childcare for children ages birth through fifth grade will be provided on the second floor of Building A.
Lorinda Campbell and family would like to thank Pastor Wilkerson, the FBC Deaf Department, and the church family for your thoughts, prayers, and kind gestures shown to them during the Homegoing and funeral of her mother. Your love was felt and deeply appreciated!
Those who attended the Midwest Pastors’ & Wives’ Couples’ Retreat would like to thank the FBC family for your generosity in financially supporting this event. Thank you also for the gift baskets that many of you thoughtfully prepared. What a blessing and encouragement you were to these servants of Christ!
VALENTINE BANQUETS AT HYLES-ANDERSON COLLEGE
• The 2019 Valentine Banquets at Hyles-Anderson College – Treasures of the Heart – will be held on Friday and Saturday, February 22 & 23.
• General Admission tickets are available for $25 per person, and play-only tickets are $10 per person.
• Tickets may be purchased after any public service beginning today at the West Courtesy Counter near Lost and Found; the last time to purchase tickets will be Sunday night, February 17.
• The doors of the DeCoster Dining Hall will open at 5:30 p.m., and the meal will begin at 6:15 p.m.
• The full-length musical play will begin in the Evans Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.
FOUNDATIONS BOOKSTORE FEBRUARY SPECIALS
• During the month of February, the Foundations Bookstore is pleased to feature books by Gary Chapman.
• In conjunction with the theme for February, these books are being offered at a discounted price: A Voice and a Vessel: Quotations of Dr. and Mrs. Jack Hyles for $5 each Marlene Evans: A Biography by Jane Grafton for $3 each
Fourth Quarter: How to Finish Your Course with Joy by Don Sisk for $7.95 each.
• Beautiful magnets with the Ten Commandments are now available in the bookstore for just $3.00!
• The Foundations Bookstore is located on the east side of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
2019 LADIES’ CONFERENCE ONLINE REGISTRATION
• The 2019 Ladies’ Conference – Making a Difference – begins at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, April 12, and ends at noon on Saturday, April 13.
• Registration is $30 for adults and teens and $15 for junior girls (Grades 1-5).
• Information fliers are in the pew bookracks today.
NEW MEMBERS’ CLASS
• If you are interested in learning about how to become a member here at First Baptist Church, the next class, conducted by Pastor Wilkerson, will be Sunday, March 3, at 9:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• Classes will meet in Pastor’s Conference Room in the northeast corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
Our program is for everyone – no tryouts or auditions needed. We would love for your young people to come and sing with us! Children and teen choirs meet every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Main Auditorium Building.
Beginner 1 (4-year-olds) – Beginner 1 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Beginner 2 (5-year-olds) – Beginner 2 Department, Third Floor, Northeast Corner
Primary 1 & 2 (1st & 2nd grades) – Primary 2 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Junior 3, 4, & 5 (3rd-5th grades) – Third-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior High (6th-8th grades) – East Overflow Room
High School (9th-12th grades) – Ray Boardway Choir Rehearsal Room
Sunday Choirs & Orchestra
Adult choir and orchestra meet every Sunday at 5:00 p.m. The Adult Choir meets in the Main Auditorium, Ray Boardway Rehearsal Room. The orchestra meets in the orchestra practice room.
Pray for Jacinta Collins in the loss of her brother, Mark Hagan, on Wednesday, January 24. The funeral was Thursday, February 7, in Louisville, Kentucky.
Pray for Pat Worland in the loss of his brother, Kevin Worland, who passed away on Tuesday, January 29. A memorial service was Monday, February 4, in Joliet, Illinois. Pray for the family of Cornelius Sikma, who passed away on Thursday, January 31, in Wisconsin. The funeral was Friday, February 8, in Crown Point, Indiana.
The Transformers Kids’ Clubs winter sessions will continue this Wednesday for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments.
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Dept, Main Aud. 3rd floor
Primary 1 & Primary 2 – Regular departmental locations
Junior 3 – Main Aud. 3rd-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior 4 – Building Q, first floor
Junior 5 – Building S
Junior High 6-8 – Building P auditorium
All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
Location: West Overflow Room
Location: West Overflow Room
Church Offering – $107,536.38
Faith Promise – $30,149.67
FBC Trust Fund – $7,081.63
Nehemiah Project – $756.13
FOR SPECIAL OFFERINGS, TEXT THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD LIKE
TO GIVE, ALONG WITH THE TYPE OF OFFERING, TO 219.215.2288.
First Baptist Church
473 Sibley Street
Hammond, IN 46320
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 10:45 AM