FALL BABY DEDICATION
Our Fall Baby Dedication will be held this morning during the service. We thank the Lord for these families who have chosen to dedicate themselves to rearing their little ones in the nurture and admonition of the Lord and to acknowledge that He has a plan for their lives. May we, as a church family, realize what a privilege and responsibility it is to partner with these young families to influence their children for good and for God.
NEW PRAYER GROUP
• A new Prayer Group will be held this evening and every Sunday evening from 5:00 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. • This group, led by John and Diane Wilson, is primarily for our members to pray for struggling young people in their families or their circle of influence. • It will be held in the Sunday school classroom located in the southeast corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
WMS CIRCLE MEETINGS
Tuesday, September 17: Africa Circle – 9:30 a.m.; home of Patt Studebaker, 12286 North Oakwood Drive, St. John; potluck breakfast; nursery upon request; contact Noel King at 708.297.0464.
Central America Circle – 9:30 a.m.; home of Darlene Suba; potluck breakfast; no nursery; contact Darlene Suba at 219.838.8112 or 219.313.5893. South
Pacific Circle – 10:00 a.m.; FBC Building “A” Fellowship Hall; potluck brunch; no nursery; contact Cynthia Harley at 219.932.4129.
WOMEN’S MISSIONARY SOCIETY KICKOFF BANQUET
• Registration for our annual Women’s Missionary Society Kickoff Banquet will continue through today, September 15. • This event will be held at Hyles-Anderson College this Thursday, September 19, at 6:00 p.m. and will include a meal and a program. • Tickets are $12 for adults and teens and $6 for girls 12 years old and younger and may be purchased online at www.fbchammond.com or at the Welcome Center after any public service. • Nursery for children ages birth through 3 years old and childcare for boys ages 4 through 11 are available upon request.
FBC MEN’S GOLF OUTING
Due to a schedule conflict at Wicker Park in Highland, the FBC Men’s Golf Outing is being rescheduled for a later date and will not be held on Monday, September 23.
HYLES-ANDERSON COLLEGE ANNUAL HARVEST FEST
• The 36th Annual Harvest Festival held on the campus of Hyles-Anderson College will be on Saturday, September 28, from 5:00 – 10:00 p.m. • There will be games, hayrides, bonfires, inflatables, delicious food, a flea market, and a lot of fun, as well as a special children’s program with Ranger Walker, Gabby, Champ, and Dixie Dog at 6:00 p.m. and an old-fashioned Gospel sing with the Walker Family at 8:00 p.m. • Admission is $5.00 per person or $20 for a family of four or more, who live in the same house. • If you are interested in being a vendor at the flea market and raising money for your ministry, class, or family, please contact the Activities Department at Hyles-Anderson College by calling 219.365.4031, Ext. 1121.
NEW MEMBERS’ CLASS
• If you are interested in learning about how to become a member here at First Baptist Church, the next classes, conducted by Pastor Wilkerson, will be on Sunday, September 29, at 9:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. • This class will meet in the Pastor’s Conference Room in the northeast corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
FBC MEN’S ONE-PITCH SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
• First Baptist Church will host a one-day, one-pitch-format men’s softball tournament on Saturday, October 5. • Men and boys, ages 16 and older, are eligible to play; all players for every team will be drafted on Wednesday, October 2, so players must sign up by Sunday, September 29. • It will be held at the Sharp Sports Complex on Kennedy Avenue at I-80/94 in Highland, and the first game of this double-elimination tournament will begin at 3:00 p.m. • There is no cost for this tournament, but it will be a fundraiser for a specific need in our ministry. • Contact Aaron Eggers at the church or go to the Event Counter near Lost & Found after the service tonight to register.
ATTENTION, PARENTS/BUS WORKERS
All parents and bus workers are asked to please accompany any children who leave the auditorium for any reason.
Our program is for everyone – no tryouts or auditions needed. We would love for your young people to come and sing with us! Children and teen choirs meet every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Main Auditorium Building.
Beginner 1 (4-year-olds) – Beginner 1 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Beginner 2 (5-year-olds) – Beginner 2 Department, Third Floor, Northeast Corner
Primary 1 & 2 (1st & 2nd grades) – Primary 2 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Junior 3, 4, & 5 (3rd-5th grades) – Third-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior High (6th-8th grades) – East Overflow Room
High School (9th-12th grades) – Ray Boardway Choir Rehearsal Room
Sunday Choirs & Orchestra
Adult choir and orchestra meet every Sunday at 5:00 p.m. The Adult Choir meets in the Main Auditorium, Ray Boardway Rehearsal Room. The orchestra meets in the orchestra practice room.
Pray for Eddie Rios and family in the loss of his mother, Eva Rios, who passed away on Friday, September 6. The funeral was Monday, September 9, in Chicago, Illinois. Pray for the family of Vicky (Siebenhaar) Burcham, a beloved teacher in our ministries for over 25 years. She went Home to be with the Lord on Sunday, September 8. The funeral was Saturday, September 14, in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Pray for our Spanish ladies as they attend a special retreat near Shipshewana, Indiana, today through Tuesday, September 17. Pray for our Hammond Baptist High School students as they attend their annual School Camp this week at Indian Creek Baptist Camp near Louisville, Kentucky. Pray for traveling safety, good weather, and the opportunity to strengthen their relationship with God and others.
The Transformers Kids’ Clubs fall sessions will continue this Wednesday for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments.
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Dept, Main Aud. 3rd floor
Primary 1 & Primary 2 – Regular departmental locations
Junior 3 – Main Aud. 3rd-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior 4 – Building Q, first floor
Junior 5 – Building S
Junior High 6-8 – Building P auditorium
All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
Location: West Overflow Room
Location: West Overflow Room
Church Offering – $103,045.69
Faith Promise – $31,392.82
FBC Trust Fund – $1,747.43
Nehemiah Project – $608.49
FOR SPECIAL OFFERINGS, TEXT THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD LIKE
TO GIVE, ALONG WITH THE TYPE OF OFFERING, TO 219.215.2288.
First Baptist Church
473 Sibley Street
Hammond, IN 46320
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 10:45 AM
Unable to display Facebook posts.