EVENING SERVICE IN THE JACK HYLES MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM
• Tonight’s service at 6:00 p.m. will take place in the Jack Hyles Memorial Auditorium, complete with decorations and special music!
• This will be a time of fellowship and preaching, as we prepare to host our 47th Annual Youth Conference this week.
• Nurseries for children ages birth through three years of age will be in Building A.
ICE CREAM AND MINIATURE GOLF
• Join us for a special Ice Cream on Oakley tonight after the service, hosted by the “A” junior high and high school teens, along with their Sunday school teachers.
• A variety of flavors will be available for only $1 per bowl, and the proceeds will go toward summer youth activities.
• A miniature golf course, located in the parking lot on the corner of Oakley Avenue and State Street, will be open after the evening service.
• Fundamental Baptist Missions International will be hosting the Missions University this Monday through Thursday, July 15-18.
• Several missionary families will come to learn from each other on how to serve the Lord more effectively and more efficiently.
• Please be mindful of these wonderful servants of God, who will be joining us this week for a time of instruction and fellowship.
47TH ANNUAL YOUTH CONFERENCE
• Our 47th Annual Youth Conference will be held this Tuesday through Thursday, July 16-18!
• All of the combined sessions will be held in the Jack Hyles Memorial Auditorium, and the first session will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
• The conference will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday and Thursday.
• On Wednesday afternoon, the session at the church will end about 3:00 p.m., and the festivities at Hyles-Anderson College will begin at 5:30 p.m.; the evening will conclude with a huge fireworks display.
• The meal served to the Youth Conference delegates on Wednesday evening is available to our church family.
• The cost for the meal is $3 per person (children ages three and under are free), and you may pay for the meal as you go through the serving line.
• The meal will be served from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the DeCoster Dining Hall; there will also be other concessions available for purchase throughout the campus.
• Anyone willing to help with cleanup after the fireworks display is asked to meet at the front entrance of the college.
• Our regular midweek service will be at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday this week and will be held in the Jack Hyles Memorial Auditorium; the conference will conclude after the evening service.
• Registration for the FBC “A” teens will continue after the morning service at the counter in the southeast corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
• The cost of registration is $40 per person, and all FBC teens attending Youth Conference must register and pay to receive a wristband and T-shirt.
• Information booklets for the parents of our FBC “A” teens are available at the Welcome Center.
• Check-in for our FBC teens will be on Tuesday, July 16, at 5:00 p.m.in the Youth Center (Building P) for our “A” teens, in the Teen Center (Building H) for our bus teens, and in the Spanish Hosting Room of Building B for our Spanish teens.
DISCIPLESHIP GRADUATION CANDIDATES
• There will be a Foundations of My Faith Discipleship Program graduation next Sunday, July 21, for those who have recently completed Level 1, 2, or 3 of the program.
• If you have completed a level on your own outside of the scheduled church classes, please contact Mark Duff’s office at 219.932.0711, or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon this Thursday, July 18.
MINISTRY WORK DAY
• The church family is invited to participate in a work day at Hyles Anderson College and at First Baptist Church this Friday, July 19, from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. to clean up after Youth Conference.
• Please come to the main entrance of the college or the Administrative Office Building at the church, where you will be given a group assignment; any amount of time that can be volunteered would be appreciated.
• Lunch will be provided at both properties.
SUPER SATURDAY SOUL WINNING
• There entire church family in invited to Super Saturday Soul Winning this Saturday, July 20, at 10:00 a.m. in the main auditorium of Building P.
• Childcare for children ages birth through fifth grade is provided on the second floor of the Building A.
Mr. & Mrs. Romel (Evelyn) Bonilla are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Mikaylin London Bonilla, who arrived on Tuesday, July 2.
Mr. & Mrs. Kyle (Socorro) Baer are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Luke John Alexander Baer, who arrived on Thursday, July 4.
NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS
• A new adult Sunday school class, the Redemptive Hope Class, taught by Bro. & Mrs. Jim Maxwell, will begin meeting next Sunday, July 21, in the Pastor’s Waiting Room located in the northwest corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
• Beginning Sunday, July 28, the Discipleship Class taught by Pastor Wilkerson, which normally meets in Pastor’s Waiting Room, will now meet just down the hall in the Pastor’s Conference Room located next to the Pastor’s Office in the Main Auditorium Building.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
• Pirates and Peglegs are coming to town for our Vacation Bible School, which will be held Monday through Wednesday, July 29-31, for children 4 years old through the 8th grade.
• VBS in Hammond will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Youth Center (Building P).
• VBS in Schererville will be held from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. in the Don Boyd Auditorium at Baptist City.
• Invitation fliers are available at the Welcome Center today.
• Our church will be hosting our first Singles’ Conference here at FBC Hammond on Friday and Saturday, August 9 & 10, 2019.
• It will be held in the Administrative Office Building, and all singles 18 years of age and older who are out of high school are invited to attend.
• The cost is $45 per person, and online registration is now open at conferences.fbchammond.com.
FOUNDATIONS BOOKSTORE JULY SPECIALS
• The Foundations Bookstore is having a “Christmas in Julyˮ sale and now has a Travel Section in the store!
• All Bibles are 10% off, with free engraving on any Bible purchased in the store, along with many other items on sale and several for Buy One, Get One Free!
• The Afternoon Program ladies will have a table set up outside the bookstore on Sunday, July 28, to sell homemade goodies and crafts.
• The Foundations Bookstore is located on the east side of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
NEW MEMBERS’ CLASS
• If you are interested in learning about how to become a member here at First Baptist Church, the next classes, conducted by Pastor Wilkerson, will be next Sunday, July 21, at 9:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• This class will meet in the Pastor’s Conference Room in the northeast corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
Our program is for everyone – no tryouts or auditions needed. We would love for your young people to come and sing with us! Children and teen choirs meet every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Main Auditorium Building.
Beginner 1 (4-year-olds) – Beginner 1 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Beginner 2 (5-year-olds) – Beginner 2 Department, Third Floor, Northeast Corner
Primary 1 & 2 (1st & 2nd grades) – Primary 2 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Junior 3, 4, & 5 (3rd-5th grades) – Third-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior High (6th-8th grades) – East Overflow Room
High School (9th-12th grades) – Ray Boardway Choir Rehearsal Room
Sunday Choirs & Orchestra
Adult choir and orchestra meet every Sunday at 5:00 p.m. The Adult Choir meets in the Main Auditorium, Ray Boardway Rehearsal Room. The orchestra meets in the orchestra practice room.
Pray for Roy Moffitt and family in the loss of his brother, Denzil Moffitt, who passed away on Wednesday, July 3. The funeral was Saturday, July 6, in Munster, Indiana.
The Transformers Kids’ Clubs summer sessions will continue this Wednesday for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments.
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Dept, Main Aud. 3rd floor
Primary 1 & Primary 2 – Regular departmental locations
Junior 3 – Main Aud. 3rd-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior 4 – Building Q, first floor
Junior 5 – Building S
Junior High 6-8 – Building P auditorium
All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
Location: West Overflow Room
Location: West Overflow Room
Church Offering – $102,271.12
Faith Promise – $34,356.40
FBC Trust Fund – $1,289.23
Nehemiah Project – $827.31
FOR SPECIAL OFFERINGS, TEXT THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD LIKE
TO GIVE, ALONG WITH THE TYPE OF OFFERING, TO 219.215.2288.
First Baptist Church
473 Sibley Street
Hammond, IN 46320
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 10:45 AM
13 hours ago
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. I Timothy 4:16 ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
The Youth Department would like to thank the church family for all of the hours of work, prayers, and support given to host our 47th Annual Youth Conference. We have an amazing church and God blessed the conference through you! ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. I Timothy 4:12-13 ... See MoreSee Less
3 days ago
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. I Timothy 2:1-2 ... See MoreSee Less