NEW CYCLE OF DISCIPLESHIP PROGRAM
• A new cycle of the first four lessons of our Foundations of My Faith Discipleship Program begins Sunday.
• Finish the class, and you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Pastor Wilkerson.
• The class on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. taught by Pastor Wilkerson will meet in the Pastor’s Waiting Room located in the northeast corner of the second floor of this building.
• Two other classes will meet in the West Overflow Room at these times:
Sundays at 5:00 p.m. – taught by Bro. Stephen Kollar
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. (during midweek Bible Study) – taught by Bro. Mark Duff
FBC MEN’S SOFTBALL LEAGUE
• All First Baptist Church men 16 years of age and older are invited to participate in our Menʼs Softball League.
• The season will begin Saturday, June 1.
• Registration is by team only, so if you have not already registered with a team, please see a representative at the West Courtesy Counter after either service Sunday to register.
WMS CIRCLE MEETINGS
Tuesday, May 21: Africa Circle – 9:00 a.m.; home of Patt Studebaker, 12286 North Oakwood Street, St. John; nursery upon request; contact Noel King at 708.297.0464.
Central America Circle – 9:30 a.m.; home of Darlene Suba; potluck breakfast; contact Darlene Suba at 219.838.8112 or 219.313.5893.
South Pacific Circle – 10:00 a.m.; FBC Building “A” Fellowship Hall; potluck brunch; no nursery; contact Cynthia Harley at 219.932.4129.
2019 GRADUATION EVENTS
The church family is invited to attend the 2019 graduation exercises for our schools/ministries:
Hammond Baptist Kindergarten May 21 6:00 p.m. Don Boyd Auditorium
Better Roads Recovery Ministry May 22 7:00 p.m. FBC Main Auditorium
City Baptist Kindergarten & 8th Grade May 24 10:00 a.m. Jack Hyles Memorial Auditorium
Hammond Baptist High School May 24 6:00 p.m. FBC Main Auditorium
City Baptist High School May 26 6:00 p.m. FBC Main Auditorium
Mr. & Mrs. Steve (Megan) Frey (members of our China Team) are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Daniel Wayne, who arrived on Saturday, May 11.
HBHS WOODSHOP DISPLAY
• Don’t miss the Annual Hammond Baptist High School Woodshop Display next Sunday,
• The projects will be on display in the first-floor hallways of the Main Auditorium Building from 4:30-5:50 p.m. and for 45 minutes following the evening service.
WEDDINGS OF FBC MEMBERS
• Any First Baptist Church member desiring to be married on any of our ministry properties or by any ministry staff member should begin the process by contacting the Pastor’s Office at the church.
• If you would like your wedding announcement read in church, please contact the church’s wedding coordinator, Mrs. Becky Towne, at 219.932.0711 and leave a message for her.
CDL DRIVERS FOR MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE
• Men and women with a CDL license are asked to volunteer to drive shuttle buses on Memorial Day, May 27, for our annual Memorial Day Service at Memory Lane Memorial Park in Crown Point.
• Please write your name, contact number, and MD Driver on a piece of paper and drop it in the mail slot east of the Grand Lobby today; you will be contacted with the details.
FOUNDATIONS BOOKSTORE MAY SPECIALS
• During the month of May, the Foundations Bookstore is pleased to feature two new books specifically for teenagers: Not Just Your Mommy & Daddy’s Religion: Why I Am a Baptist for Teens by Kurt Copland and Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy DeMoss.
• All La Croix waters are on sale for $.25!
• The Foundations Bookstore is located on the east side of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
ATTENTION, PARENTS/BUS WORKERS
All parents and bus workers are asked to please accompany any children who leave the auditorium for any reason.
NEW MEMBERS’ CLASS
• If you are interested in learning about how to become a member here at First Baptist Church, the next classes, conducted by Pastor Wilkerson, will be on Sunday, June 16, at 9:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• This class will meet in the Pastor’s Conference Room in the northeast corner of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
Our program is for everyone – no tryouts or auditions needed. We would love for your young people to come and sing with us! Children and teen choirs meet every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Main Auditorium Building.
Beginner 1 (4-year-olds) – Beginner 1 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Beginner 2 (5-year-olds) – Beginner 2 Department, Third Floor, Northeast Corner
Primary 1 & 2 (1st & 2nd grades) – Primary 2 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Junior 3, 4, & 5 (3rd-5th grades) – Third-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior High (6th-8th grades) – East Overflow Room
High School (9th-12th grades) – Ray Boardway Choir Rehearsal Room
Sunday Choirs & Orchestra
Adult choir and orchestra meet every Sunday at 5:00 p.m. The Adult Choir meets in the Main Auditorium, Ray Boardway Rehearsal Room. The orchestra meets in the orchestra practice room.
Please pray for:
• Samantha, Charles, and Matthew Proper in the loss of their mother, Helen Proper, who passed away on Monday, April 29. The funeral was Saturday, May 4, in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
• The friends and family of John Barry, who passed away on Friday, May 3. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
• Marilyn Johnson in the loss of her father, David Blankenberg, who passed away on Saturday, May 4. The funeral was Wednesday, May 8, in Newark, New York.
Pray for our Hyles-Anderson College Tour Groups as they travel thousands of miles this summer ministering to churches and encouraging young people to consider Bible college this fall.
The Transformers Kids’ Clubs winter sessions will continue this Wednesday for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments.
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Dept, Main Aud. 3rd floor
Primary 1 & Primary 2 – Regular departmental locations
Junior 3 – Main Aud. 3rd-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior 4 – Building Q, first floor
Junior 5 – Building S
Junior High 6-8 – Building P auditorium
All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
Location: West Overflow Room
Location: West Overflow Room
Church Offering – $94,980.05
Faith Promise – $35,316.22
FBC Trust Fund – $2,444.95
Nehemiah Project – $943.49
FOR SPECIAL OFFERINGS, TEXT THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD LIKE
TO GIVE, ALONG WITH THE TYPE OF OFFERING, TO 219.215.2288.
First Baptist Church
473 Sibley Street
Hammond, IN 46320
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 10:45 AM
6 hours ago
7 hours ago
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Ecclesiastes 12:1 ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 ... See MoreSee Less