Welcome to Friend Day here at First Baptist Church! Whether you are a longtime friend of one of our members or a new friend they just recently met, we are thrilled that you are here today! May the Lord bless you for overcoming whatever it took for you to join us, and we trust that you will enjoy your visit, with hopes that this will be the beginning on a new friendship that will last for years!
NEW CYCLE OF DISCIPLESHIP PROGRAM
• A new cycle of the first four lessons of our Foundations of My Faith Discipleship Program begins today.
• Finish the class, and you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Pastor Wilkerson.
• The class on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. taught by Pastor Wilkerson will meet in the Pastor’s Waiting Room located in the northeast corner of the second floor of this building.
• Two other classes will meet in the West Overflow Room at these times:
Sundays at 5:00 p.m. – taught by Bro. Stephen Kollar
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. (during midweek Bible Study) – taught by Bro. Mark Duff
NEW CYCLE OF PREPARING FOR MARRIAGE TNT CLASS
• A new cycle of the TNT class, Preparing for Marriage, taught by Dr. James Woosley, will begin today, June 23.
• This four-week class will meet at 5:15 p.m. in the Groom’s Room in the Main Auditorium Building, which is located on the second floor west of the Grand Lobby across from the restrooms.
• This class is for all engaged couples who have set a wedding date, and it is required for any couple wishing to be married on any First Baptist Church property or by an FBC staff member.
DEAF BAPTIST FELLOWSHIP OF AMERICA (DBFA) CONFERENCE
• First Baptist Church will host the 39th Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America Conference this Tuesday through Friday, June 25-28.
• This event will be held at Hammond Baptist Schools in Schererville, with sessions at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday – Friday and preaching services at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday; the Wednesday evening service will be in the First Baptist Church Main Auditorium in Hammond.
Deaf members and hearing interpreters may register for a discounted rate through our Deaf Department on Sunday mornings or by contacting Eddie Lapina’s office at the church (219.932.0711).
CONFERENCE PARKING AT BAPTIST CITY
• The following parking areas at Baptist City will be reserved for the DBFA Conference on Tuesday through Friday morning and Tuesday and Thursday evening: all spaces in front of and across the street from HB Grade School, in front of HB Junior High and High Schools, and the parking lot across the street from HB High School.
• Parking for all FBC Youth Baseball games will be located close to the fields, including the grassy area across the street from the north fields.
• Please respect the posted signs, and follow the directions of the parking attendants for the conference.
PREACHING SCHEDULE FOR THE DBFA CONFERENCE
Please pray for the speakers at the DBFA Conference this week!
• Tuesday, June 25: 10:00 a.m. – Bro. John Cooper; 6:00 p.m. – Bro. David Mason and Bro. Randy Dignan
• Wednesday, June 26: 11:30 a.m. – Bro. Ed Kollmeyer; 7:00 p.m. – Pastor Wilkerson and Bro. John Harris
• Thursday, June 27: 11:30 a.m. – Bro. Tim Coleman; 6:00 p.m. – Bro. Bruce Kelly and Bro. Bill Schutt
• Friday, June 28: 10:30 a.m. – Bro. John Liebrecht; 2:00 p.m. – Bro. John Cooper
TRANSFORMERS KIDS’ CLUBS’ MODIFIED SESSION
• The Transformers Kids’ Clubs will continue its summer session this Wednesday for only children in the Beginner 1 through Primary 2 Sunday school departments. Clubs will meet during the midweek service in these locations:
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Department, Main Auditorium third floor
Primary 1 & 2 – Regular departmental locations
• All children in the Junior 3 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments will attend the service for the Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America Conference in the Main Auditorium.
• All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
BEST YEARS CLUB ACTIVITY
• All church members 50 years of age and older are invited to join the Best Years Club as they go to Shoot Point Blank shooting range, 8730 Louisiana Street, Merrillville, Indiana, at 10 a.m. this Friday, June 28.
• After the activity, they will enjoy lunch at Cracker Barrel, 6200 Opportunity Lane, Merrillville, Indiana, at 12:00 p.m.
• The cost is $18 per person per lane (plus equipment rental, if needed) for an hour at the range and $5 extra for two people to share a lane, plus whatever you spend at the restaurant.
• Those who prefer not to attend the range activity are welcome to meet the group at Cracker Barrel.
• To RSVP or get more information, contact Jonathan Adkins at 219.775.4936 by Wednesday, June 26.
The wedding of Janleydi Batista and Noe Menez will be held this Saturday, June 29, at 2:00 p.m. in the Jack Hyles Memorial Auditorium.
REGISTRATION FOR YOUTH CONFERENCE
• All First Baptist Church teens going into 7th grade through those who recently graduated from high school who want to attend our 2019 Youth Conference Tuesday through Thursday, July 16-18, are required to register and pay.
• Teens must register with their respective youth director at any teen meeting; FBC teens should not register online.
• The cost for FBC teens is $30 per person through Sunday, July 7; after July 7, the cost will increase to $40 per person.
• Please contact your youth director with any questions.
• Our church will be hosting our first Singles’ Conference here at FBC Hammond on Friday and Saturday, August 9 & 10, 2019.
• It will be held in the Administrative Office Building, and all singles 18 years of age and older who are out of high school are invited to attend.
• The cost is $45 per person, and online registration is now open at conferences.fbchammond.com.
FOUNDATIONS BOOKSTORE JUNE SPECIALS
• During the month of June, all Spanish Bibles will be 10% off, and name imprinting is free for each Spanish Bible purchased through the Foundations Bookstore.
• The Foundations Bookstore is located on the east side of the second floor of the Main Auditorium Building.
Our program is for everyone – no tryouts or auditions needed. We would love for your young people to come and sing with us! Children and teen choirs meet every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Main Auditorium Building.
Beginner 1 (4-year-olds) – Beginner 1 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Beginner 2 (5-year-olds) – Beginner 2 Department, Third Floor, Northeast Corner
Primary 1 & 2 (1st & 2nd grades) – Primary 2 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Junior 3, 4, & 5 (3rd-5th grades) – Third-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior High (6th-8th grades) – East Overflow Room
High School (9th-12th grades) – Ray Boardway Choir Rehearsal Room
Sunday Choirs & Orchestra
Adult choir and orchestra meet every Sunday at 5:00 p.m. The Adult Choir meets in the Main Auditorium, Ray Boardway Rehearsal Room. The orchestra meets in the orchestra practice room.
Please pray for Belinda Gaona and family in the loss of her husband Bob, who passed away on Sunday, June 16. The funeral was Friday, June 21, in Crown Point, Indiana.
Please pray for Jamie Lapina and family in the loss of her mother, Evelyn Junkens, who passed away on Monday, June 17. The funeral was Saturday, June 22, in Crown Point, Indiana.
The Transformers Kids’ Clubs summer sessions will continue this Wednesday for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments.
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Dept, Main Aud. 3rd floor
Primary 1 & Primary 2 – Regular departmental locations
Junior 3 – Main Aud. 3rd-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior 4 – Building Q, first floor
Junior 5 – Building S
Junior High 6-8 – Building P auditorium
All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
Location: West Overflow Room
Location: West Overflow Room
Church Offering – $90,283.32
Faith Promise – $30,181.23
FBC Trust Fund – $1,765.29
Nehemiah Project – $756.84
FOR SPECIAL OFFERINGS, TEXT THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD LIKE
TO GIVE, ALONG WITH THE TYPE OF OFFERING, TO 219.215.2288.
First Baptist Church
473 Sibley Street
Hammond, IN 46320
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 10:45 AM
17 hours ago
Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do [it]. Proverbs 3:27 ... See MoreSee Less
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12 ... See MoreSee Less