Prayer, Praise, & Thanksgiving Service
• Our annual “Prayer, Praise, & Thanksgiving” service will be on Tuesday, November 21, at
• All meetings and choir rehearsals normally held before AND after a Wednesday evening
service WILL be held on Tuesday instead.
• There WILL NOT be a service on Wednesday, November 22.
DECORATING OF MAIN AUDITORIUM
• We will be decorating the Main Auditorium for Christmas on Monday, November 27.
• Church members interested in helping with this task are invited to meet near the Main Auditorium platform at 9:00 a.m.
• No tools are necessary, and we should be finished by 12:00 p.m.
WMS GENERAL MEETING
• All ladies are invited to “Christmas around the World,” hosted by the Women’s
Missionary Society, on Tuesday, November 28, at 11:30 a.m. on the third-floor
fellowship hall of the Main Auditorium Building.
• Come do some Christmas shopping at the bazaar, which will feature a variety of seasonal items, baked goods, and Christmas gifts.
• Learn about Christmas traditions in other countries, enjoy a potluck lunch, and encourage missionaries through prayer.
• An offering will be taken to support a specific missions project, as well as to support the general work of the WMS.
• Please bring a dish large enough to feed at least 4 people.
• Nurseries and childcare will be provided at no cost.
• Doors will open at 11:00 a.m., and you may enter the Main Auditorium Building through Door 9.
• Sign up at the Welcome Center after either service today!
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PROGRAM
• The entire church family is encouraged to invite visitors to our annual Christmas program,
which will be held on Saturday, December 9, at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, December 10, at 10:45 a.m.
• This year’s musical and play is titled “Wise Men Still Seek Him.”
• There will also be a Christmas music presentation by the Music Department of Hyles-Anderson College, titled “Give Me Christmas,” performed on Sunday, December 10, at 6:00 p.m.
• All of these events are free of charge, and nurseries will be provided.
• Invitation tracts are available at the Welcome Center, so please take what you will use.
BEST YEARS CLUB ACTIVITY
The Best Years Club will be going to the Jasper-Pulaski Preserve on Saturday, November 25, to see the Snow Cranes and have dinner at the Whistle Stop Café. The bus will leave the college at 3 p.m. and will return around 8 p.m. Cost is whatever you spend on food. Please RSVP with Aaron Eggers at 219-669-3021.
Our program is for everyone – no tryouts or auditions needed. We would love for your young people to come and sing with us! Children and teen choirs meet every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Main Auditorium Building.
Beginner 1 (4-year-olds) – Beginner 1 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Beginner 2 (5-year-olds) – Beginner 2 Department, Third Floor, Northeast Corner
Primary 1 & 2 (1st & 2nd grades) – Primary 2 Department, Third Floor, Center North Side
Junior 3, 4, & 5 (3rd-5th grades) – Third-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior High (6th-8th grades) – East Overflow Room
High School (9th-12th grades) – Ray Boardway Choir Rehearsal Room
Sunday Choirs & Orchestra
Adult choir and orchestra meet every Sunday at 5:00 p.m. The Adult Choir meets in the Main Auditorium, Ray Boardway Rehearsal Room. The orchestra meets in the orchestra practice room.
The Transformers Kids’ Clubs has completed its winter session on Wednesday for children in the Beginner 1 through Junior High 8 Sunday school departments. Clubs will resume January 2018. Clubs will meet during the midweek service in these locations:
Beginner 1 & 2 – Beginner 1 Dept, Main Aud. 3rd floor
Primary 1 & Primary 2 – Regular departmental locations
Junior 3 – Main Aud. 3rd-floor Fellowship Hall
Junior 4 – Building Q, first floor
Junior 5 – Building S
Junior High 6-8 – Building P auditorium
All of our children’s choirs and youth choirs will still have their regular weekly rehearsals at 6:15 p.m. All children are welcome to participate!
Church Offering – $97,060.87
Faith Promise – $31,875.40
FBC Trust Fund – $2,666.55
Nehemiah Project – $428.50
First Baptist Church
473 Sibley Street
Hammond, IN 46320
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 10:45 AM